Thai Basil Beef is a delicious Thai-style beef. Classic ingredients: coconut milk, ginger, hot chilli pepper, basil and lime oil aroma.
Garlic — 4 cloves
Coconut milk — 1 ½ tablespoons
Oyster sauce — 1 tablespoon
Corn starch (potato) — 1 teaspoon
Beef (tenderloin) — 400 grams
Red onion — 1 piece
Ginger — 2 cm piece
Spring onion — 2 feathers
Fresh basil — a handful of leaves
Sweet bell pepper — 1 piece
Sesame oil — 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Pepper — several slices
Lime — 1 piece
1. Marinade: mix finely chopped garlic, starch, coconut milk, Oyster sauce. Mix well.
2. Cut the beef into thin strips and marinate.
3. Red onion cut into half rings.
4. Spring onion, ginger and basil cut finely.
5. Sweet bell pepper cut into strips.
6. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan. Fry the marinated strips of beef. Set aside.
7. In a frying pan, add onion, garlic, ginger, chilli pepper, sweet pepper, oyster sauce 1 teaspoon, juice of half a lime, 2 teaspoons of coconut milk.
8. Add the beef back to the pan and add the basil. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Serving: Serve hot with rice or noodles.