Ton-katsu is a traditional Japanese dish. “Ton” in Japanese means pork, and Katsu is an abbreviation of Katsuretu, derived from the English word “cutlet”. You can buy Katsu sauce in a Japanese store or make your own Homemade Katsu Sauce.
Fried thin pieces of pork chop in breadcrumbs. Each piece is fried in a two-temperature mode. So it turns out a very crispy golden breading. It is customary to serve this dish with finely chopped ¼ head of fresh cabbage, cucumber. Varieties: you can also use beef (Beef-Katsu) or chicken (Chicken-Katsu).
Pork chop (whole piece) — 2 pieces (½ inch thick or 1-1. 3 cm)
Japanese Panko breadcrumbs (or any other company) — at least 50 grams
Chicken egg — 2 pieces
Baking flour — at least 50 grams
Salt and pepper to taste
Frying oil — 2 liters (for deep-frying) or about 1 liter (for a saucepan)
1. Make incisions with a sharp knife in places where there are layers of fat.
2. Beat off each piece with a kitchen hammer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl, add a tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil. Beat with a whisk.
4. Prepare everything for breading: in separate bowls, pour Japanese breadcrumbs, flour and beaten eggs.
5. Pork chop is first rolled in flour from all sides, then in eggs, then in breadcrumbs. Carefully put it on a plate and let it lie down for about 5 minutes.
6. Heat the oil in a deep-fry or in a deep saucepan. The volume of oil is about 2 liters.
7. For deep-frying: fry for three minutes at a temperature of 338 °F or 170 °C. Fry for three minutes at a temperature of 374 °F or 190 °C.
For the pan: fry on maximum heat for about 4-5 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
8. We recline on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Serving: Serve hot with Katsu sauce and cut some fresh cabbage.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!