Cashew Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is a dish of Thai cuisine. In Asia, it is customary to cook “fry quickly on high heat” and this method is called Stir-Fry. Therefore, everything needs to be done quickly, so that the vegetables remain steamed and fresh at the same time, and the meat is completely ready. If you have a wok-pan, then cook in it, or you can cook in a regular pan. The sauce adds spice to this dish. The sauce is a mix of three sauces: oyster, soy and fish, and cane sugar, and a little wine.
Recipe type: Chicken
Recipe type: Thai
Garlic — 1 clove
Yellow onion — 1 onion
Oyster sauce — 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce — 1 teaspoon
Fish sauce — 1 teaspoon
Cane sugar — 1 teaspoon
Dry white wine — 20 ml
Cashew nuts-150 grams
Chicken drumstick (pulp) — 200 grams
Spring onion — bunch (5 feathers)
Rice — 100-150 grams
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Sauce: mix oyster, soy, and fish sauces with wine and sugar. Mix well.
2. Fry the cashew nuts until golden brown.
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
4. Cut the yellow onion into half rings.
5. Cut spring onions into 3-4 pieces. To make long strips.
6. cut the flesh of the chicken drumstick into pieces of 5 cm.
7. Wash the rice about 7-10 times, so that the water remains clear after washing. So we will get rid of excess starch.
8. Boil the rice. Boil the water over maximum heat. Add the rice. Once the water boils again, pour in a glass of cold water. Wait until the water boils again and turn the heat down to a minimum. Stir regularly and taste the rice until it is ready. After that, rinse in running cold water. So the rice will turn out crumbly. Set it aside.
9. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
10. Fry the yellow onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
11. Add the chicken pieces, the lower (white) part of the spring onion. Cook for 3 minutes.
12. Pour in the sauce and add the remaining parts of the spring onion. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
Serving: Serve rice with cashew chicken and lime wedges