Homemade Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Chicken Tikka Masala is an Indian dish of British cuisine. Incredibly delicious and tender chicken in cream sauce. As a side dish, take boiled rice.
How to prepare marinade for chicken?
Mix yogurt, ginger, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt.
Chicken drumsticks are marinated for about 30 minutes. Chicken breast is marinated for about a day in the refrigerator.
How to cook?
Fry the chicken. Put the chicken aside. Fry onions in chicken sauce with spices. Add tomatoes and yogurt. Return the chicken back to the pan.
Android app here:
iOS app here:
Support Patreon here:
https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself Recipe type: Chicken Recipe type: British Yield: 4 Prep time: 40 mins Cook time: 1 hour 20 mins Total time: 2 hrs Ingredients:
Chicken drumsticks without bones and skin — 350 grams
White onion — 100 grams
Yogurt — 6 + 6 tablespoons
Ginger — ½ + ½ tablespoon
Garlic — 4 + 5 cloves
Cumin — 1 teaspoon
Ground paprika — 1 + 2 teaspoons
Salt — 1 teaspoon
Canned tomatoes — 400 grams
Coriander seeds — 1 tablespoon
Masala — 1 teaspoon
Turmeric — ½ teaspoon
Ground black pepper — ¼ teaspoon
Chili pepper — ½ teaspoon
1. Cut the onion into petals and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken into pieces for one bite.
3. Marinade: mix 6 tablespoons of yogurt, ½ teaspoon of grated ginger, 4 cloves of grated garlic, ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika powder, 1 teaspoon of salt.
4. Marinate the chicken pieces in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
5. Heat the frying oil over medium heat.
6. Fry the chicken for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Don’t throw the sauce out of the pan!
7. Grate ½ teaspoon of ginger.
8. Finely chop the garlic (5 cloves) or grate it on a fine grater.
9. Heat the coriander seeds over low heat for 4-5 minutes. So the fragrance will be revealed.
10. Grind the seeds in a mortar.
11. Add onion petals to the pan with chicken sauce. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
12. Add garlic, ginger, ground coriander seeds, 2 teaspoons ground paprika, 1 teaspoon masala, ½ teaspoon turmeric, ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, ½ teaspoon chili pepper to the onion. Mix it up.
13. Add the canned tomatoes along with the juice.
14. Add 6 tablespoons of yogurt. Mix it up.
15. Cook for 5 minutes.
16. Return the chicken to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
17. Boil the rice according to the instructions.
Serving: Serve with boiled rice.