What is Tuna tartare?
This is a dish of Japanese cuisine. Tartare is usually made from beef, but tartare salmon or tuna tartare has become a common thing for everyone. Dishes similar in cooking method can be called Hawaiian poke or Peruvian ceviche.
When preparing tartare, it is necessary to knock out the highest quality products, since we will use them almost raw. Tuna should be dark maroon in color without a fishy smell. The marinade must contain lemon or lime acid. The acid rearranges the proteins of fish and this is the only way it can be eaten.
Recipe type: Fish
Recipe type: Japanese
Sesame oil — 2 teaspoons
Sweet rice wine — 1 teaspoon
Lime juice — ½ lime
Soy sauce — 2 teaspoons
Sriracha sauce — 1 teaspoon
Green onion — 5 feathers
Fresh tuna — 180 grams
Avocado — 1 piece
Fried sesame seeds — a pinch
Cilantro leaves — a pinch
1. Marinade: Mix sesame oil, sweet rice wine, half lime juice, soy sauce and Sriracha sauce.
2. Wash the green onions and finely chop them.
3. Wash the tuna and avocado and cut into small cubes.Avocado can be sprinkled with lime juice, so that it does not darken.
4.Marinate the tuna.
5. Wash the coriander leaves and finely chop them.
6. Add coriander leaves and 2/3 green onions to the marinade with tuna. Mix it up. Leave for 10 minutes.
Serving: On a plate in a round cylindrical shape, put the first layer of avocado, and the second layer of tuna. Sprinkle with the remaining green onions and sesame seeds.