A traditional dish of Chinese cuisine is fish in sweet and sour sauce. The sweetness is given to it by pineapples, and the sourness is given by rice vinegar with soy sauce. For this dish, you can take any white fish. It could be Pollock, cod, Buffalo, sabrefish, carp. Fish in sweet and sour sauce is prepared quickly and can always be made for dinner, if you do not have much time for complex dishes.
Sweet bell pepper — 1 piece
Garlic — 2 cloves
Pineapple (canned) – 150 grams
Pineapple juice-100 ml
Rice vinegar — 1 tablespoon
Soy sauce — 1 tablespoon
Water — 200 ml
Corn starch — 1 tablespoon
Sugar — 1 teaspoon
Chicken eggs — 2 pieces
Flour — 1 tablespoon
The rice on the side
1. Sweet bell peppers and pineapples cut into cubes of 2-3 cm.
2. Cut the garlic finely.
3. Sauce: Mix 100 ml of water, 100 ml of pineapple juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce. Bring to a boil on the stove in a saucepan.
4. Mix 100 ml of cold water with cornstarch. Add to the sauce.
5. Add a spoonful of sugar and mix thoroughly.
6. Remove the sauce from the heat and leave it nearby.
7. Breading: Break 2 chicken eggs into a bowl. Add flour and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
8. In another bowl or deep dish, pour the flour for wrapping.
9. Cut the fish into cubes like sweet pepper.
10. Dip the fish pieces in the egg mixture, and then in the flour. Again in the eggs and again in the flour.
11. Fry the fish pieces in breadcrumbs in hot oil.
12. In a separate pan, fry the minced garlic for 1 minute.
13. Add sweet peppers and pineapples to the garlic and cook for 10 minutes.
14. Add the fried fish pieces and sauce from the saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes.
15. Boil the rice after washing it 5-7 times.
Serving: take a small bowl, fill it with rice and put it on a plate, turning the bowl over, you should get a rice hill. Around the rice slide, place the fish with pineapples and pepper. For beauty, you can add finely chopped green onions.