Today we continue to get acquainted with the food culture and cuisine of the Nordic countries! In Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the northern part of Western Russia (The Republic of Karelia), this Nordic Salmon milk soup is called differently. In Finland, this soup is called lohikeitto, n Sweden it is laxsoppa, in Norway it is fiskesuppe, in Russia it is Nordic Salmon milk soup. The taste and manner of cooking this soup in all countries of Nordic is the same. We love the cuisine of Nordic and for us this soup was just a discovery. In my homeland, they do not prepare soups with milk and we thought “How can you add milk to the soup?”. Nordic Salmon soup was very tasty and satisfying. It was just a shock for us! I am sure that this soup will be prepared more often in the future!
Potatoes — 4 pieces
Carrot (large) — 1 piece
Celery — 2 stalks
White onion — 1 piece
Salmon (fillet) – 300 grams
Butter — 40 grams
Cumin (grains) — ½ tablespoon
Young green peas — 100 grams
Milk 3.5% — 500 ml
Salt and pepper — to taste
Dill — for serving
1. Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into 3-4 cm cubes.
2. Wash and peel the carrots.Cut in the same way as the potatoes.
3. Celery cut into 1 cm.
4. Onion cut finely.
5. Cut the salmon fillet into 6-7 cm cubes.
6. Caraway seeds are ground in a mortar (or finely chopped with a knife on a cutting board).
7. Fire as much as possible! Butter is thrown into a high thick-walled pan. We wait until the butter melts.
8. Add the onion to the pan and passiruem (stir regularly) for 5 minutes.
9. Add the carrots and potatoes. Pour 1 liter of boiled hot water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat by half.
10. Cook for 15 minutes and add the peas, celery, salmon and ground cumin. Salt and pepper.
11. Cook for another 5-7 minutes and add the milk.
12. Increase the heat to the maximum and bring to a boil.
13. Remove the pan from the heat and you can serve it to the table.
Serve this delicious soup in a deep dish with dill.