Today we will cook Beef with you in Chinese. We will need to make a marinade for the meat, a sauce for frying and prepare the vegetables. For exotics, we will use wood mushrooms, sweet rice white wine and lemongrass. This is a spicy dish in moderation, but if you use chili pepper. Beef in Chinese will surprise you with its taste! Try to cook it for a holiday or for Sunday lunch.
Soy sauce — 3 tablespoons
Rice vinegar — 1 tablespoon
Corn starch — 2 teaspoons
Beef — 300 grams
Garlic — 4 large cloves
Sweet bell pepper — 1 piece
Wood mushrooms (dried) – 50 grams
Sesame oil — 1 teaspoon
Rice sweet white wine — 2 tablespoons
Chili pepper (to taste) – 1 piece
Red onion — 1 piece
Lemongrass — 1 piece
Vegetable or sesame oil for frying
Green onions for serving
Rice for garnish (prepare in advance)
1. Cut the beef into thin strips
2. Marinade: Mix 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
3. Pour the marinade over the beef and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Finely chop the garlic.
5. Cut the sweet bell pepper into thin strips. Do not forget to remove the seeds and white partitions.
6. Soak the wood mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly in running water. Remove the bases of the mushrooms, as they are hard.
7. Sauce: mix 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice wine. Mix well. Put it aside, it will come in handy almost at the very end.
8. Finely chop the chili pepper. Adjust the sharpness to your liking.
9. Cut the red onion into large chunks.
10. In a hot large frying pan, heat vegetable or sesame oil.
11. Fry the wood mushrooms for 10 minutes, after drying them a little. Move them to the side.
12. In a clean frying pan, heat the frying oil and add the coarsely chopped lemongrass. Fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan in the trash. Lemongrass is only needed for the oil to take its flavor.
13. Fry the chili pepper and garlic. Fry for 1 minute.
14. Add the beef. Stir continuously for 10-12 minutes. Remove separately to the side.
15. In a clean frying pan, heat the frying oil and add the onion. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
16. Add sweet bell pepper to the onion. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
17. Add wood mushrooms, beef and previously prepared sauce to the frying pan.
18. Fry for 10 minutes. Stir every 2 minutes.
Serving: put on a plate, add cooked or steamed rice, although you can also use it as a separate dish. Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top.