Classic Beef Stroganoff is a dish of Russian cuisine. It is based on sour cream sauce and beef. The history of the dish began in the distant 19th century in Russia. There lived then an aristocrat Pavel Stroganov and he liked to eat delicious food (everyone likes to eat delicious food). It was then that Pavel hired the French chef Andre Dupont. It was Dupont who came up with this recipe for beef with sour cream sauce and mushrooms and named it Beef Stroganoff in honor of the Russian aristocrat. It is important to beat off the beef with a cooking hammer when cooking. So the beef will become more tender and retain its juiciness when frying. The dish is served with mashed potatoes or pasta. Find the recipe for delicious mashed potatoes in our recipes.
1. Wash the beef and beat it off with a hammer.
2. Cut the beef into long thin strips 2-3 cm wide and 5 cm long.
3. Wash the mushrooms. Cut each mushroom into 3-4 pieces.
4. Peel the onion and cut it into half rings.
5. The broth can be made from a beef cube stock or buy ready-made broth from a store or boil beef separately. But not the beef that we use in this recipe! You can replace it with boiled water, but the taste will certainly be different.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the beef strips. Fry for about 8 minutes. Set aside the roasted beef separately.
7. In a clean frying pan, melt the butter.
8. Add the onion and fry for 5-6 minutes. Stir regularly.
9. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add wheat flour. Mix well. The flour should wrap around the ingredients.
11. Add the broth. Mix well.
12. Add sour cream. Mix well.
13.Season with salt and pepper.
14. Cook for 5 minutes.
15. Add the roasted beef. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
Serving: Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta and vegetables.