Creamy Russian Chicken Mushroom Julienne is a dish of Russian cuisine. Julien sounds like something French, but it’s not. The name Julienne comes from the French method of cutting food into thin strips. Therefore, with this name, you can find salads in European countries. Our dish has nothing in common salad. Russian Julienne is a dish of mushrooms, cut into thin strips, chicken and cream (sour cream sauce) under the cheese crust. A tender, creamy and hearty dish! The main time of cooking will take us cutting the mushrooms with the very straws in question. For the cheese crust, we used soft Mozzarella cheese. We get sour cream sauce by mixing flour, butter and sour cream of medium fat content. You can use Bechamel sauce as an alternative to sour cream sauce.
Fresh mushrooms — 500 grams
Mozzarella cheese — 100 grams
Sour cream 20% — 4 tablespoons
White onion — 1 onion
Wheat flour — 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Chicken breast — ½ carcass
Butter — 14 teaspoons
Garlic — 2 cloves
1. Wash the mushrooms. Cut them into very thin strips.
2. Fry the mushrooms in portions. The mushrooms should be browned until golden brown. We got 5 servings. You can not fry all the mushrooms at once, because it turns out that they are cooked in their own juice.
3. Wash and finely chop the onion and garlic.
4. Grate the mozzarella cheese on a fine grater.
5. Boil half of the chicken breast. When the meat is ready, put it on a plate to cool. Tear the cooked fillet into small pieces with your hands.
6. Preheat a frying pan over high heat. Add the grated onion.
7. Add a teaspoon of butter, garlic and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. When ready, remove the passioned onion to the side.
8. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a spoonful of flour. Stir the flour constantly until it begins to darken. The approximate cooking time is 7-8 minutes.
9. Add 3 teaspoons of butter. Mix well. The flour should turn yellow and become thick. Stir for 2 minutes.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of sour cream and mix.
11. Add the previously passioned onion. Stir until smooth.
12. Add the previously fried mushrooms. Mix well.
13. Add the chicken breast pieces. Mix it up.
14. Salt to taste.
15. Add 3 tablespoons of sour cream. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
16. We transfer our dish to a baking pot. Top with grated Mozzarella cheese.
17. We send it to the oven at a temperature of 356°F (180°C) until the cheese begins to bake.
Serving: Serve hot!