General TSO recipe
General TSO’s chicken is a sweet fried chicken dish served in North American restaurants. The dish is named after Zuo Zongtang, a statesman and military leader of the Qing dynasty, although no connection to it has been recorded and the dish is not known in Hunan, the native province of Zuo.
Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cook4yourself.android
iOS app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook4yourself/id1561606000
Support Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself
Recipe type: Meat
Recipe type: American
Corn starch – 3/4 Cup + 1 tablespoon
Chicken breast fillet – 500 g rams
Fresh ginger root – 10 grams
Garlic – 3 cloves
Hot red chili pepper – 1
Green onions – 2 stems
Unrefined peanut butter – 1 Cup + 1 tablespoon
Dark soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
Sugar – 4 tablespoons
Rice wine – 1 tablespoon
Rice vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Rice – 200 grams
1. Cut the chicken fillet into small pieces.
2. Soak the rice in cold water for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse the rice 7-10 time. So the rice will be crumbly.
4. Marinade: mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and starch.
5. Add 2/3 of the marinade pieces of chicken fillet and mix well, that each piece was covered with marinade. Leave for one hour in the refrigerator.
6. Finely chop ginger, garlic, chili.
7. Heat the peanut butter in a frying pan or wok.
8. Fry the marinated chicken in oil for a few minutes until tender.
9. Pull the chicken out of the frying pan.
10. Pour the oil out of the frying pan or wok.
11. Once again, heat the frying pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil.
12. Fry garlic, ginger and chili for 20 seconds.
13. Add the chicken to the frying pan.
14. Add onions , sugar and the remains of the marinade.
15. Fry stirring regularly for 2-3 minutes.
On a plate spread the rice. In figure put the prepared chicken and sprinkle with onions.
Cook with us – cook for yourself!