Today we are cooking juicy and delicious Romanian Pork Stew. We take the best pork tenderloin, new potatoes and carrots, as well as a set of fragrant spices. We will have a stew of long languor on a slow fire. The richness and density of the stew is given by tomato paste, and the aroma of paprika, cilantro, basil and origano.
White or yellow onion — 2 onions (320 grams)
Potatoes — 6-7 pieces (700 grams)
Pork (tenderloin) — 750 grams
Thyme — 2 teaspoons
Carrots — 2-3 pieces (250 grams)
Cumin — ¼ teaspoon
Dried cilantro — 1 teaspoon
Dried basil — 1 teaspoon
Dried origano — 1 teaspoon
Ground paprika — 1 teaspoon
Tomato paste — 2 tablespoons
Salt — ¼ teaspoon
Pepper — ¼ teaspoon
Water — 1 liter
Parsley — bunch
1. Wash the onion, peel and finely chop.
2. Carrots and potatoes are washed and cut into large pieces.
3. Pork is washed and cut into large pieces.
4. In a large saucepan, heat the oil at maximum heat.
5. Add pork to the pan. Add one teaspoon of thyme and mix. Fry the pork to a crust.
6. Add onion to pork. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add 500 ml of water.
8. Reduce the fire to a minimum. Cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 1 hour. Stir regularly every 10-15 minutes.
9. Add 1 teaspoon of thyme, cumin, dried cilantro, dried basil, ground paprika, tomato paste, salt and pepper to the stew.
10. Add potatoes and carrots. Mix it up.
11. Increase the fire to the maximum.
12. Add 500 ml of water and wait until the stew boils.
13. Reduce the heat to a minimum, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 1 hour.
14. Remove the stew from the stove and add coarsely chopped parsley.
Serving: Serve hot with a slice of white or black bread. Combined with wine.