How to make Fish Stew?
Fragrant Brazilian Fish Stew is made from fresh white fish, coconut plums, sweet peppers and canned tomatoes. The delicate and creamy-piquant taste of this fish stew will never be forgotten by you! The taste is caressed by the softness of coconut cream and the aroma of lime, notes of coriander leaves. The stew melts in the mouth and leaves a pleasant aftertaste. It is ideal for boiled rice or mashed potatoes.
Recipe type: Stew
Recipe type: Brazilian
White fish fillet — 500 grams
Sweet Bulgarian cranberry pepper — 1 piece
Lime — 1 piece
Olive oil — 1 tablespoon
Salt — ¼ teaspoon
Pepper to taste
Garlic — 2 cloves
White onion — 1 onion
Canned tomatoes — 400 ml
Ground cumin — 1 tablespoon
Black pepper peas — 1 tablespoon
Coconut cream — 400 ml
Cilantro leaves — a bunch
Brown sugar — 1 ½ tablespoons
1. Remove the bones from the fish! Cut the fish into pieces for one bite.
2. Wash sweet peppers and clean them from seeds and partitions. Cut into thin long pieces.
3. Peel garlic and onion and finely chop.
4. Marinate the fish: in a deep bowl, mix the pieces of fish, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt and the juice of half a lime. Pepper it. Leave for 20 minutes.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish in parts for 2-3 minutes.
6. Fry the onion and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
7. Add sweet pepper, cumin, black pepper, brown sugar, salt to taste, canned tomatoes and coconut cream to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
8. Cut coriander leaves finely.
9. Add previously fried fish, coriander leaves and ¼ lime juice to the pan.
10. Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Serving: Serve hot with boiled rice.