Ghiveci is a traditional way to make stew in the countries of Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova. This method takes its roots from Turkey. This is a kind of “fried soups” method. In osnom, this dish is prepared from meat and seasonal vegetables. Vegetables are used differently: tomatoes, different types of cabbage, garlic, sweet bell peppers, carrots, onions. There are about 20 types of ghiveci. In different countries, it can be found in the form of such dishes as goulash, yahnia, azu, chanakhi. A vegetarian version of this dish is also prepared.
Beef — 600 grams
Tomatoes — 2 pieces
Tomato paste — 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Bulgarian sweet red pepper — 2 pieces
Dried paprika — 1 teaspoon
White onion — 2 medium onions
Olive oil for frying
Dry white wine — 100 ml
Parsley — a bunch
Water — at your discretion
1. Cut the beef into medium pieces.
2. Wash the onion and cut it finely.
3. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
4. Cut the parsley coarsely.
5. Sweet Bulgarian pepper is cut into thin strips.
6. In a frying pan, fry the beef in portions until a browned crust. Set the beef aside.
7. In the same pan, fry the onion and bell pepper until soft for 10-15 minutes. Salt to taste.
8. Return the meat to the pan.
9. Add tomatoes, paprika, tomato paste and dry white wine.
10. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for one hour. Stir regularly every 7-10 minutes.
11. During the cooking, we add water so that the contents of the frying pan do not burn. It took us 320 ml of water, but you may have a different amount.
12. the meat should be very soft and melt in the mouth. The sauce should be done in moderation. The density of the sauce is average.
13. Add the parsley, cover with a lid and wait for 5 minutes.
Serving: Serve hot with a slice of white or black bread. It is combined with wine.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!