Japanese Shiitake Mushroom soup is a light and fast Japanese soup. The taste is unique, it cannot be compared with anything. Shiitake and Enoki mushrooms are so tender that you can’t feel them in the soup. Add steamed vegetables to the soup for a more satisfying and light dinner. We used chicken broth in this recipe, you can use any broth: chicken, beef, vegetable. Add tofu for flavor and texture.Keep the soup in the refrigerator for no more than two days.
Enoki mushrooms — 130 grams
Spring onion — 3-5 feathers
Chicken or vegetable broth — 500 ml
Celophane noodles Funchosa — 50 grams
Rapeseed oil (olive) — 1 teaspoon
Warm water for noodles — 300 ml
Soy sauce — 2 tablespoons
Salt — ½ teaspoon
Sake (to taste) — 1 tablespoon
1. Wash the Shiitake mushrooms and cut them into strips.
2. Wash the Enoki mushrooms, cut off the base of the mycelium, retreating 2 inches or 5 cm from the base.
3. Wash spring onions and cut into slices at an angle of 45% (diagonally)
4. Pour the celophane noodles with warm water for 5 minutes and then divide into 3 parts.
5. Reheat the chicken broth. If there is no chicken broth, then you can use cube to make chicken broth.
6. In a deep saucepan, heat a tablespoon of rapeseed or extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
7. Add Enoki and Shiitake mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring everything regularly.
8. Add chicken broth to the pan. Bring to a boil. Remove the foam, the soup should be clean.
9. Add spring onions and celofan noodles to the soup. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sake (if you have sake at home).