Homemade Irish Soup
Classic Irish Potato And Leek Soup is a low-calorie lunch for every day. This dish can be attributed to comfort food. Ideal for the winter season. It is necessary to make this soup at home more often.
What does the soup consist of?
– fresh herbs
– heavy cream or sour
– cream chicken or vegetable broth
How to cook?
All the ingredients are washed, cleaned and cut. Simmer the onion and celery until soft. Add broth, potatoes and fresh herbs. Cook for 25 minutes. Add the cream and let it brew.
Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cook4yourself.android
iOS app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook4yourself/id1561606000
Support Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself
Recipe type: Soups
Recipe type: Irish
Chicken broth — 600 ml
Leek — 180 grams
Celery — 2 stalks
Butter — 3 tablespoons
Garlic — 2 cloves
Potatoes — large tubers (170 grams)s
Parsley — bunch
Dill — unch
Sour cream — 2 tablespoons
Cream 20% — 100ml
Salt — ½ teaspoon
Ground black pepper to taste
Thyme — ½ teaspoon
1. Cut the leek into thin rings.
2. Cut the celery into thin slices.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut them into large chunks.
4. Peel and chop the garlic finely.
5. Chop the parsley and dill finely.
6. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over high heat.
7. Add the leek, garlic and celery to the pan. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
8. Turn down the heat to an average value.
9. Add chicken broth to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add potatoes, thyme, salt, pepper. Cook for 25 minutes
11. Add parsley, dill, cream and sour cream to the pan.
12. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Serving: serve the soup hot.