Savoury pepper sauce is a versatile sauce for everything. It can be used for meat, BBQ, baked vegetables and even for pasta. To prepare the sauce, you will need a blender, a mortar for grinding spices and an open fire: a gas burner, a stove, or an outdoor grill. Spices can be taken already ground. We will use ripe red Bell peppers and spices. Processing with an open fire will give a special baked taste.
Sweet Bulgarian red pepper — 300 grams
Garlic — 1 clove
Soy sauce — 20 ml
Balsamic vinegar — 20 ml
Sea salt — ½ teaspoon
Pepper — ½ teaspoon
Coriander (grains) — ¼ teaspoon
1. Wash the peppers. Dry it. If you have a gas burner at home or a grill with an open fire, then burn it to black on all sides. If there is no burner, then immediately proceed to the next step.
2. Put the peppers in the oven for 20 minutes at 200°C (392°F).
3.As soon as the peppers are ready, pull them out and put them in a plastic bag and close it for 15 minutes.
4. Take out the peppers and peel them. It should be easily cleaned with a knife.
5. Remove the core from the peppers, remove the white partitions and cut into large pieces.
6. Spices are crushed in a mortar or used already ground from the store.
7. In a blender, grind the peppers. Add finely chopped garlic and ground spices. Mix it up.
8. Add soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Mix again.
Serving: The sauce can be served with any dish. You can also store it in a jar in the refrigerator for one week.