Hello, gourmets! Beef tongue will be cooked today. This product is eaten all over the planet in various forms and with different sauces.
How and how much to cook beef tongue?
Beef tongue is prepared in different ways all over the world. Someone roasts, someone stews, and today we will cook it. To get rid of the smell of beef, add spices along with the tongue during cooking. The spice set includes bay leaves, whole garlic and black peppercorns. After 2 hours of cooking, the tongue becomes very tender and textured. In some countries it is considered a delicacy and does not appear so often in the diet.
What to serve beef tongue with?
Beef tongue is served with:
- horseradish paste (Eastern Europe)
- mustard or horseradish (Russia)
- as a meat supplement to tacos and burritos (Mexico)
- in open American sandwiches (United States of America)
- in peanut paste sauce (Phillipine Islands)
Recipe type: Meat
Recipe type: International
Beef tongue — 800 grams
Garlic — 4 cloves
Bay leaf — 3 pieces
Black pepper (peas) — 15 grams
Water (boiling water) — 4 liters
Water (ice) — 2 liters
1. Wash the beef tongue.
2. Pour beef tongue with two liters of boiling water for 15 minutes. Rinse.
3. Beef tongue, 2 liters of boiling water, 3 bay leaves, 4 cloves of garlic (peeled whole), 15 grams of black pepper peas add to a deep saucepan and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 hours on maximum heat.
4. Put the beef tongue in a cup of ice water and let it cool down a little.
5. Remove the thick white film from the beef tongue.
[…] Recipe how we cook we cook beef tongue here: How to cook beef tongue […]