Cheese-crusted chicken is a dish of Russian cuisine. This dish is sometimes prepared for the holidays, and there are a lot of them in Russia (about 23 days a year). Cheese-crusted chicken is hearty and light at the same time, the chicken turns out very juicy under a layer of egg-cheese batter. The products are available all year round and the cooking time takes less than an hour, and you can feed a large family.
Chicken breast-400 grams
Chicken egg — 6 pieces
Smoked paprika — 1 tablespoon
Salt — 2 teaspoons
Pepper — 2 teaspoons
Provencal herbs (dried) — 2 teaspoons
Flour — 4 tablespoons
Sour cream — 4 tablespoons
Soft cheese (any) — 500 grams
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Divide the chicken breast into large slices of 1 cm high.
2. Mix the paprika, salt, pepper, herbs of Provence and sprinkle the mixture over all the chicken pieces.
3. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater.
4. Mix: sour cream, eggs, flour, grated cheese.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
6. Dip a piece of breast in the batter and place it in the pan. Cook until the underside of the breast is golden and the cheese is baked.
Serving: Serve hot and with chopped fresh vegetables.