Classic German Brezel - Snacks - Cook4yourself: Healthy recipes
What is it a Classic German Brezel ?
Classic German brezel is a bread product from Germany, Europe. A traditional snack at the beer festival – Oktoberfest. There are several points in the manufacture of brezel and we will consider them in the recipe.
Wheat flour — 500 grams
Salt — 1 teaspoon
Dry baking yeast — 7 grams
Cow’s milk — 280 grams
Butter — 40 grams
Sea salt, poppy seeds, or other sprinkles
Baking soda — 3 tablespoons
Boiled water — 1 liter
1. In a deep bowl, mix flour, salt and yeast. Mix it up.
2. Make a depression in the flour and pour out the cold (immediately from the refrigerator) and begin to knead the dough.
3. Gradually mix the butter.
4. Knead the dough with a spoon, fork or spatula, until the dough begins to stick. Now you need to knead the dough on the work surface of the table. Knead for 10 minutes.
5. Form a sphere of dough and cover with a cup or paper towel for 20 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 10 parts.
7. Take one part of the dough. Visually divide the dough in half and fold one half with the second and press it with two fingers. We do this 3 times.
8. The dough begins to roll out with your hands from the middle to the ends. Leave the dough untouched in the middle. The ends should be equidistant from the middle.
9. We form a brezel: we take the edges and and make a double intersection. The ends are fixed at the base of the convex part of the brezel.
10. Put the brezels on a cutting board and send them to the freezer for 30 minutes.
11. Boil water in a deep saucepan and add baking soda.
12. With a slotted spoon, we hook the frozen brezels and turn them upside down in the pan. We wait until the brezel pops up.
13. With a slotted spoon, we spread the brezel on parchment paper greased with oil, so that the brezels do not burn or stick to the paper.
14. Sprinkle with sea salt and send to the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 428°F (220°C)
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!