Japanese Vegan Udon Soup is an incredibly delicious dish of Japanese cuisine. Simple and satisfying at the same time. The unique taste of broth with soy and oyster sauces. The soup is filled with the aroma of cilantro leaves and green onions. Chilli pepper adds piquancy to the soup. The soup turned out to be light and healthy.
The sharpness can be adjusted by removing the seeds from the Chilli pepper or not putting the pepper in the broth at all.
Garlic — 4 cloves
Fresh ginger — 50 grams
Chicken or vegetable broth — 1 liter
Sugar — ½ teaspoon
Chilli pepper (for sharpness) — 1 piece
Rice vinegar — 2 tablespoons
Salt — a pinch
Black pepper — a pinch
Oyster sauce — 2 tablespoons
Soy sauce — 50 ml
Green onions — 2-3 feathers
Cilantro leaves — a small bunch
Peking cabbage — 2-3 leaves
Roasted peanuts — a handful
Sesame oil — 1 tablespoon
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. Cut one half of ginger (25 grams) into 5-6 pieces.
3. Peel the second half of the ginger and chop finely.
4. Chicken broth can be made from a broth cube or cooked by yourself. You can replace it with vegetable broth.
5. Bring the broth to a boil.
6. Add sugar, rice vinegar, large pieces of ginger, chilli pepper, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and black pepper to the broth. Cover the broth with a lid and let it boil for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce the temperature to a minimum and cook for 10 minutes. Then remove the large pieces of ginger. You can strain the broth through a fine sieve.
8. Wash the green onions and finely chop at an angle.
9. Wash the cilantro leaves and chop coarsely.
10. Chop the leaves of Peking cabbage coarsely.
11. Heat vegetable or peanut butter in a large frying pan at medium temperature.
11. Add garlic and finely chopped ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
12. Add Peking cabbage and sesame oil to the pan. Mix it up. Cook for 5 minutes.
13. Boil the udon according to the instructions on the package.
14. Put udon in a deep cup. Add cabbage, kiinza leaves, green onions, fried peanuts. Pour over the broth.
Serving: Serve udon hot.