Cyprus Grilled Cheese Salad
Incredibly delicious Cypriot salad of fried Halloumi cheese, pine nuts and spicy dressing. Gluten-free vegetarian salad will be a great light dinner or lunch for you. As part of the spicy salad dressing, you will find Didjon mustard, olive oil, garlic and citric acid. The salad dressing is a little sour and goes well with grilled Halloumi cheese. The set of herbs is simply incredible: spinach, arugula with a slight bitterness and refreshing mint.
Recipe type: Salads
Recipe type: Cypriot
Garlic — 3-4 cloves
Extra virgin olive oil — 4 tablespoons
Didjon mustard — 2 teaspoons
Salt — 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice — 2 tablespoons
Kalamata olives (pitted) — 150 grams
Pine nuts (peeled) — 50 grams
Red onion — 1 medium onion
Libyan cucumber — 1 piece
Spinach — 100 grams
Arugula — 100 grams
Mint — 50 grams
Halloumi cheese — 250 grams
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. Lightly fry pine nuts in a dry frying pan for 3-4 minutes.
3. Wash the red onion and cut into half rings.
4. Wash spinach, arugula and mint leaves.
5. Cut the cucumber into round slices.
6. Cut the Kalamata olives in half.
7. Salad dressing: Mix garlic, olive oil, Didjon mustard, salt, lemon juice. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
8. Cut Halloumi cheese into slices and grill until golden brown.
9. Combine all the ingredients on a plate and pour over the dressing.
Serving: Serve salad with hot cheese. Combined with wine.