Creamy Tuna Casserole
Creamy Tuna Casserole Recipe
Creamy Tuna Casserole is a hearty and delicious lunch for the whole family. This is a creamy casserole based on pasta cooked al dente and cheese sauce in the likeness of Bechamel. A spicy slightly perceptible aroma will add grated nutmeg.
We used Tortiglioni, you can use any of your favorite pasta.
Android app here:
iOS app here:
Support Patreon here:
https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself Recipe type: Casserole Recipe type: British Yield: 6-8 Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hour 15 mins Ingredients:
Butter — 60 grams
Tortiglioni — 450 grams
Flour — 3 tablespoons
Cow’s milk — 500 ml
Salt and black pepper to taste
Ground nutmeg — 1 pinch
Cheddar cheese — 100 + 30 grams
Parmesan cheese — 100 + 30 grams
Sweet corn (canned) — 340 grams
Tuna (canned) — 400 grams
Frozen green peas — 180 grams
1. Sauce: The butter melt in a deep saucepan over low heat.
2. Add flour to a saucepan and mix thoroughly with a spatula. The mixture should turn out without lumps.
3. Add the milk to the sauce in parts of 100 ml and mix thoroughly.
4. Add salt, ground pepper and nutmeg to the sauce. Mix it up. Leave it on low heat for another 10 minutes.
5. While the sauce is cooking, grate Cheddar cheese and parmesan on a fine grater of 100 grams each. We will add the remaining 30 grams of cheese almost at the very end of baking.
6. Add the cheeses to the sauce and mix until smooth. The sauce is ready.
7. Boil the Tortiglioni as indicated on the package. Drain the water and put them in a deep cup.
8. Add sweet corn and frozen peas to the Tortiglioni.
9. Drain the canned tuna. With a fork, divide the tuna into fibers. Add the tuna fibers to a cup of pasta.
10. Add the mixture to the pasta. Mix everything thoroughly.
11. Put all the contents of the cup in a baking dish.
12. Place the mold in the oven at 360°F (180°C) for 15 minutes.
13. Remove the casserole from the oven and add grated cheeses (30 grams each) on top. Send the casserole back to the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Serving: Serve the casserole hot!
Enjoy your meal!
Coq au Vin
Turkish lentil soup