How to make Parmigiana Di Melanzane Alla Napoletana?
Parmigiana Di Melanzane Alla Napoletana is a classic dish of Italian cuisine. Delicious, simple and satisfying! These are fried eggplants in a thick tomato sauce with basil and cheese and baked in the oven. We fry eggplants without breading, or you can roll them first in flour, and then in egg mixture.
Do not use tomato paste instead of mashed tomatoes, as there is too much acid in the tomato paste and the taste will be spoiled!
ggplant — 1 kg
White or yellow onion — 1 piece
Tomato puree — 800 grams
Basil — bunch
Mozzarella cheese — 150 grams
Parmesan cheese — 100 grams
1. Cut eggplants lengthwise into slices 1 inch thick (3-5 cm).
2. Put the eggplants on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Excess moisture and bitterness should come out. Wait 20-30 minutes.
3. Peel and cut the onion into small pieces.
4. Sauce: heat the frying oil in a deep saucepan.
5. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir regularly.
6. Add tomato puree and a few basil leaves. Cook for 30 minutes. Stirring regularly. Add salt to taste.
7. Wash the eggplants and soak them with a paper towel.
8. Fry the eggplants until golden brown.
9. Cut Mozzarella cheese into slices 1 inch (3-4 cm) thick.
10. Grate parmesan cheese on a fine grater.
11. Take a deep baking sheet and lubricate the bottom with a small amount of tomato sauce.
12. On top of the sauce we put a layer of eggplant, a layer of Mozzarella cheese slices, basil leaves, again a layer of tomato sauce. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and cheese. The last one should be a layer of tomato sauce.
13. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top layer of the dish.
14. We send the baking sheet to the oven for 20 minutes at 400 °F (200 ° C).
Serving: Serve the dish hot garnished with basil leaves.