Homemade kimchi is a traditional Korean salting. In Korea, many families prepare kimchi in large volumes for the cold winter. In other countries, cabbage is also salting, but a little differently. This spicy and sometimes burning pickled cabbage is an integral part of lunch or dinner. With kimchi, you can cook rice, soups and even hot dogs. This recipe is adapted for those who want to cook this dish quickly. Usually, kimchi fermentation is a long process. Peking cabbage is usually used. It is salted in water so that the cabbage becomes soft in texture. Then spices are added, mandatory of which are hot pepper paste or cayenne pepper, fresh garlic and ginger.
1. We cut the Peking cabbage into pieces measuring 1 inch (2.5 cm).
2. Put the cabbage in a deep bowl, add salt and pour cold water until the water covers the cabbage.
3. Leave for 2 hours.
4. Drain the water and rinse the cabbage several times. It should become soft.
5. Cut green spring onions finely.
6. Daikon three on a coarse grater.
7. Garlic and ginger three on a fine grater.
8. In a deep bowl, mix: daikon, green onion, ginger, garlic, sugar, fish sauce and spicy Gochujang paste. Mix thoroughly.
9. Add daikon with spices to the cabbage. Mix with your hands. Wear gloves so as not to damage your hands.
10. Transfer the kimchi into 2-liter jars. Try to make sure that the kimchi was packed tightly without air bubbles inside. Leave a distance of about 1 inch (3 cm) from the lid. Send it to the refrigerator.
Serving: Store in the refrigerator. Add it as a snack or cook dishes in the composition.