Garlic — 3 cloves
Red onion — 2 pieces
Dry red wine — 200ml
Ground beef — 900 grams
Mashed tomatoes — 500 grams
Tomato paste — 2 tablespoons
Ground cinnamon — ½ teaspoon
Sugar — 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon (stick) — 1 piece
Bay leaf — 1 piece
Ground pepper — 1 teaspoon
Salt — 1 teaspoon
Butter — 100 grams
Baking flour — 120 grams
Cow’s milk — 1 liter
Nutmeg — ½ teaspoon
Parmesan cheese — 100 grams
Chicken egg — 2 pieces
Pasta Maccaroni — 500 grams
Feta cheese (or Sirtaki) — 100 grams
1. Peel the garlic and red onion. Cut it finely.
2. Prepare the filling: Heat the olive (or vegetable) oil on maximum heat.
3. Add garlic to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add the ground beef. Fry for 15 minutes, until the minced meat turns brown.
6. Add dry red wine, tomato paste, ground cinnamon, ground tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, bay leaf and a cinnamon stick. Mix everything together.
7. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 40 minutes.
8. Bechamel sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan.
9. Add the flour in portions, mix actively with a spatula each time to form a homogeneous mass.
10. Add the milk in portions, stirring each time with a spatula. No lumps should form!
11. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg to the sauce.
12. Add grated Parmesan and 2 egg yolks to the sauce. Do not throw away the protein!!! Mix everything together.
13. Boil the Maccaroni until al dente.
14. Add the egg white to the finished paste and mix thoroughly.
15. Break the Feta or Sirtaki cheese into small pieces and add it to the pasta. Mix it up.
16. Put the Maccaroni in a baking dish so that they face the tips in one direction.
17. Add the finished stuffing of minced meat and spices to the mold. Lay out an even layer.
18. Pour the filling on top with Bechamel sauce. Use a spatula to level the surface of the layer.
19.Rub the Parmesan cheese on top of the sauce. It is needed for the formation of a crust.
20. Put the dish in the oven for 30 at 356 °F or 180 °C.
Serving: Serve hot to the table.