Slovak Halusky (Dumplings) these are traditional boiled dumplings made of potato dough.These Eastern European dumplings can be compared to German spätzle or Italian gnocchi.
What does it consist of?
– raw potatoes
– a little universal flour
– white onion
– green onions
How to cook dumplings?
We make dough from raw potatoes, salt and flour. The dough turns out thick. Boil the water. We throw several pieces of dough directly from the cutting board with a kitchen knife. We cook dumplings. Fry the onion and bacon. Mix dumplings and bacon with onions in a frying pan. We serve it on the table. You can add spring onions.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion.
3. Fry the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add the bacon to the pan and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Finely chop spring onions. Set aside until serving.
6. Put potato cubes in a blender and grind to a puree state.
7. Add salt and flour to the mashed potatoes. Mix it up. The spoon will stick straight up in the dough.
8. Boil water in a large saucepan.
9. Put a third of the thick dough on a cutting board. Using a knife, scrape about a few small pieces of dough into boiling water. The volume is about 1 tablespoon.
10. When they all float up, take them out with a slotted spoon and throw them into a large colander to drain the water. Repeat the process with all the remaining dough on board and the remaining two-thirds in the food processor.
11. Add the dumplings to a large frying pan with bacon and onion. Mix it up.
Serving: Serve the dish hot. Sprinkle the dumplings with spring onions.