Frico with Pea Puree
Frico with Pea Puree is a chic and delicious American snack. Crispy cheese cracker with refreshing pea puree.
What does a frico consist of?
– Gouda cheese cracker
– pea puree made from fresh peas, lemon juice, mint leaves and olive oil.
How to cook?
Grate the cheese. Grated cheese bake in the oven until crisp. Puree the ingredients. Put mashed potatoes on crispy cheese crackers and add micro-greens for beauty.
Recipe type: Appetizer
Recipe type: American
Gouda cheese — 500 grams
Young peas — 250 grams
Extra virgin olive oil — 1 tablespoon
Mint leaves — a bunch
Salt — ¼ teaspoon
Ground black pepper — 1/8 teaspoon
Juice of half a lemon
Ground red cayenne pepper — a pinch
1. Grate the cheese on a fine grater.
2. Put one tablespoon of grated cheese on a baking tray. Leave space between portions.
3. Place the baking sheet in the oven at 356°F (180 °C) for 10 minutes until the cheese becomes crispy.
4. Pea puree: mix fresh peas, olive oil, mint leaves, salt, black pepper, lemon juice. Punch the mixture with a blender until smooth.
5. Spread the cheese base on a plate, put a little pea puree on top and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Serving: Serve the appetizer immediately. The perfect combination with wine.