German Potato Dumplings (Kartoffelklöße) it’s a German dish. Soft and hot potato dumplings with crispy crumbs.
What does this dish consist of?
– fresh potatoes, preferably brown.
– salt and a little nutmeg.
– greens for serving.
How to cook?
Peel and boil the potatoes. Make dough from boiled potatoes. Roll the dough dumplings. Boil the dumplings. Sprinkle the dumplings with breadcrumbs. Done!
Android app here:
iOS app here:
Support Patreon here:
https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself Recipe type: Dumplings Recipe type: German Yield: 4 Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 45 mins Ingredients:
Potatoes — 340 grams
Potato starch — 100g
Grated nutmeg — ½ teaspoon
Salt — 1 teaspoon
Chicken egg — 2 pieces
Butter — 4 tablespoons
Breadcrumbs — 50 grams
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan.
2. Add breadcrumbs to the pan and cook them until golden brown. Stir regularly.
3. When ready, put the breadcrumbs on a paper towel and set aside.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium pieces.
5. In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the potatoes there. Cook for about 25 minutes.
6. Remove the potatoes from the pan and let cool.
7. Grate the cooled potatoes on a fine grater.
8. Add grated nutmeg, starch, salt and 2 lightly beaten chicken eggs to the potatoes. Stir and get the potato dough.
9. Form 2-inch (5 cm) balls of potato dough.
10. Bring the water in a large saucepan to a boil and dip the potato balls into it.
11. When the dumplings pop up, turn down the heat to a minimum and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 20 minutes. The main thing is that the water would not boil!
12. Remove the finished dumplings with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle the dumplings with a small amount of oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Serving: Serve dumplings hot, with fresh vegetables or parsley.