Ceasar Salad is a dish of American cuisine. The salad is named after its creator, the Italian-born American chef Ceasar Cardini, and not the Roman commander Julius Ceasar. The salad was invented on July 4, 1924 from the remaining ingredients in the kitchen of a restaurant in Tijuana.
The original composition of the salad does not include anchovies, mayonnaise and any meat ingredients. Ceasar salad with chicken and other variations have been refined in modern times for restaurants.
The original fish flavor is not created by anchovies, but by Worcestershire sauce based on anchovies. Romano lettuce leaves remain whole according to the chef’s idea.
How to cook salad?
For the salad, we will cook crispy croutons in the oven. Cut the bread into small cubes, roll it in garlic oil, add salt and pepper and a little grated Parmesan cheese.
Salad dressing consists of olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese and egg yolks.
Lettuce leaves are mixed with salad dressing, crispy croutons and grated Parmesan cheese.
1. Croutons: cut the French baguette into cubes measuring ¾ inch (2 cm).
2. Garlic cloves are cut finely.
3. In a cup, mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil and garlic.
4. Pour garlic butter over the croutons. Use a sieve so that the garlic does not get into the croutons Do not throw out the garlic, we will use it in the next steps. Mix the croutons thoroughly in a bowl.
5. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste in croutons.
6. Grate the parmesan on a fine grater. Sprinkle the croutons with two tablespoons of grated parmesan. Mix it up.
7. Place the croutons on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) until they are light brown and crispy.
8. Salad dressing: Egg yolks, garlic (which we left earlier), Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, 70 grams of grated parmesan whisk in a blender until smooth. Gradually add 5 tablespoons of olive oil.
9. Put the dressing in a bowl and add another 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Beat the dressing with a whisk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Do not tear Romano lettuce leaves apart! Wash and dry the leaves.
11. Mix lettuce leaves and salad dressing in a deep bowl.
12. Put lettuce leaves on a plate, add croutons and slices of Parmesan cheese on top.
Serving: serve the salad immediately. It goes perfectly with wine.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!