Lemon Tart is the perfect dessert from France. This tart is impeccable in taste and consistency due to its juicy and fresh filling. Freshly squeezed lemon juice creates notes of a slightly sour aftertaste, slightly greasy due to butter, a perfect tart crust. The lemon French dessert on your table is not a problem, this recipe will help you enjoy this pastry!
Store in the refrigerator for 4 days
Tart crust — 1 piece
Lemon zest — 1 tablespoon
Chicken egg — 3 pieces
Chicken yolk — 3 pieces
Lemon juice — 125 ml
Butter — 170 grams
Sugar — 150 grams
1. In a deep saucepan, mix lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, 3 whole eggs (white and yolk), an additional 3 yolks, butter.
2. Constantly stir the contents of the saucepan over low heat. Cooking time is 30 minutes. You should get a lemon-yellow mass with a dense and thick consistency.
3. Pass the tart filling through a fine sieve. Pour the custard into a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl and push it through with a rubber spatula. This makes the filling completely smooth and removes the zest and any lemon seeds, as well as any pieces of filling that may have hardened at the bottom of the pan.
4. Pour the filling into the tart base.
5. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 350℉ (or 180℃).
6. Refrigerate before serving.
Serving: Decorate the tart with lemon slices and fresh berries. Serve chilled with ice cream or whipped cream.