Tart Crust Recipe
Perfect Tart Crust is the basis for American pies! The dough is perfect for baking lemon tart and cheesecakes. The dough is based on flour, sugar, salt and cold butter. The oil must be cold, otherwise the structure of the dough may be different. You can make the dough with your hands, but it will take too much of your time and effort. The process of making dough with your hands is rubbing cold butter into flour with your fingertips until a fine sand crumb forms. Do not be too lazy to get your blender, it will simplify the process of preparing the dough.
Attention: the baking time in the oven may be longer or shorter, it all depends on your oven!
Recipe type: Baking
Recipe type: American
Universal flour — 180 grams
Sugar — 2 teaspoons
Salt — ½ teaspoon
Butter (cold) — 115 grams
Cold water — 2 ½ tablespoons
1. Sift the flour into a blender (if there is one) or a deep bowl.
2. Add sugar and salt to the flour and mix.
3. Add cold butter to the flour. The butter should be cut into small pieces beforehand. If you are using a blender in the preparation of this recipe, then simply whisk until the butter and flour until fine crumbs form. If you do not have a blender, then rub the butter with flour with your fingertips until fine crumbs form. The process of rubbing butter into flour with your hands is very laborious and long, so it’s better to choose a blender of course.
4. Gradually add cold water to the resulting mass of dough and mix again.
5. Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and send it to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out to the desired baking form.
7. Use a fork to make punctures all over the dough. So that the dough does not swell when baking in the oven.
8. Cover the dough with baking paper.
9. Pour baking balls or dry plain rice on top of the paper. So the dough from the bottom of the mold will be baked and will become harder than the inside.
10. Put the dough in the oven in the form for 20 minutes at 390 ° F (or 200 ° C).
11. Remove the baking paper with balls or rice.
12. Put the dough in the oven for 10 minutes at 390 °F (or 200 °C).
Serving: Ideal for tart.