Sweet Pickle Relish is an appetizer (sauce) of American cuisine. This is a combination of fresh cucumber, onion, celery and pickled gherkins boiled in vinegar brine. It has a pleasant sour and sweet taste at the same time. Of course, you can buy it in the store, but we prefer to make it ourselves. Relish is great for fish and meat dishes, as well as a mandatory ingredient in a Chicago-style Hot Dog. After cooking, relish can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
British cucumber — 1 piece
White onion — 1 onion
Celery — 1 stalk
Pickled cucumbers — 5 gherkins
White wine vinegar — 100 ml
Sugar — 4 tablespoons
Salt — 1 tablespoon
1. Wash the British cucumber, remove the peel and cut into very small cubes.
2. Add a tablespoon of salt to the cucumber and leave for 20 minutes. After the time has elapsed, we drain the excess liquid.
3. Onions, celery are washed and cut in the same way as the cucumber into very small cubes.
4. Pickled gherkins are also cut into small cubes.
5. Put the chopped vegetables in a saucepan and add white wine vinegar and sugar.
6. Put the pan on medium heat for 25-30 minutes. The liquid should not all boil away, but too much of it should not remain.
7. When ready, cool the relish.
Serving: Relish is served as an appetizer for fish and meat. It can be stored in the refrigerator for several days in a closed jar.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!