Chicago-Style Hot Dog is one of the varieties of hot dogs in American cuisine. A distinctive feature of this hot dog is that ketchup is not added to it. The set of ingredients is simple and they can be found in any store. Tomatoes, sweet white onion, mustard, pickled gherkins, beef sausage and relish. Relish can be made at home.
Sports pepper can be replaced with pickled or fresh small Chilli pepper.
If you could not find hot dog buns with poppy seeds in the stores of your city, then you can make them yourself: grease the hot dogs bun with egg yolk and sprinkle with poppy seeds, send it to the oven for 5 minutes at 356 °F (180 °C).
Tomato — 1 piece
White onion — 2 medium onions
Pickled gherkins — 4-6 pieces
Relish — 8 teaspoons
Sausages — 4 pieces
Hot dog buns — 4 pieces
Yellow mustard — 4 teaspoons
Chicken yolk — 1 piece
Poppy — a handful
Sports pepper — 8 pieces
1. Cut the tomato into 8 slices.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion.
3. We cut the pickled gherkins into slices lengthwise into 2-3 parts.
4. Boil water in a saucepan. Turn off the fire. Put the sausages in a saucepan and leave for 5 minutes.
5. Open the hot dog bun and put the sausage in the middle.
6. On one side of the sausage, put 2 slices of tomato, on the other side a couple of slices of gherkins.
7. Put 2 teaspoons of relish and chopped onion on top of the sausage.
8. Pour yellow mustard in a zigzag pattern over the entire bun and filling.
9. Put 2 sports peppers on top.
Serving: Serve immediately and with your favorite ice lager.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!