Baba Ganoush is a creamy eggplant snack from the Middle East. The recipe is simple, and the dish is incredibly delicious. We will need fresh medium-sized eggplant, fresh lemon juice, a little garlic and parsley, and the final ingredient will be Tahini sauce. Tahini is a sauce made from white sesame seeds, the recipe for homemade Tahini. Baba Ganush is served on the table with fresh chopped vegetables and dried pita bread. Lavash you scoop a snack and enjoy the rich taste of eggplant. In this recipe, the main emphasis of taste is on garlic, cumin, parsley and smoked paprika. The dish doesn’t look very nice, but it’s worth a try.
Recipe type:Middle East
Eggplant — 4 pieces (400 grams)
Lemon juice — 2 tablespoons
Tahini sauce — 100 grams
Parsley — a bunch
Garlic — 3 cloves
Olive oil — 2 tablespoons
Salt — 1 teaspoon
Cumin — ¼ teaspoon
Smoked paprika — a pinch
Lavash — 1 piece
1. Cut the pita bread into pieces and dry it in the oven.
2. Wash the eggplants, cut in half lengthwise.
3. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
4. Put the eggplants on parchment paper and lubricate abundantly with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 480 °F (or 250°C).
5. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
6. Wash the parsley and chop it coarsely.
7. Remove the baked eggplant pulp with a tablespoon into a sieve. Give a little time so that the liquid is superfluous from the pulp.
8. Add garlic and lemon juice to the pulp. Mix it up.
9. Add the Tahini sauce and mix with a fork until a creamy consistency is formed.
10. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, parsley, cumin. Mix it up.
11. Garnish with parsley leaves and sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika.