Foul Mudammas (Egyptian Fava Beans) this is a traditional centuries-old dish of Egyptian cuisine. Surprisingly tasty and nutritious vegetarian dish. This dish looks like a textured sauce of black Fava beans with the addition of hot pepper, garlic, cumin and lemon juice. Dried beans should be soaked overnight in cold water and then boiled for one hour, if you use canned, then just rinse them in running water and immediately start cooking.
The dish is similar to hummus or tahini. A slight sharpness gives piquancy to this dish, lemon juice sourness. Mudammas is usually eaten with a warm thin flatbread instead of a spoon or fork. Break off the tortilla and pick up a little sauce. To soften the sharpness, chopped tomatoes are added, which complements the taste of this sauce.
Store for 2-3 days in a closed container.
Recipe type:Middle East
Black beans — 460 grams
Water — 120 ml
Garlic — 2 cloves
Hot Chili pepper — 4-5 pieces or to taste
Tomatoes — 180 grams
Lemon — 1 piece
Ground cumin — 1 teaspoon
Parsley — 20 grams
Salt to taste
Olive oil to taste
1. Wash the parsley and finely chop it.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
3. Cut tomatoes into small cubes.
4. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
6. Put the black beans in a frying pan.
7. Add water and ground cumin. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add salt to the contents of the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Crush the beans with a fork or potato masher. We push it so that the beans remain textured, and not porridge.
10. In a mortar, grind garlic and hot chili pepper.
11. Add lemon juice to the mortar. Mix it up.
12. Add the contents of the mortar to the pan. Mix it up.
Serving: Remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle with parsley, add olive oil and tomatoes. Serve with a warm flatbread.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!