Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish. The name “Colcannon” means “white cabbage”. A unique combination of potatoes and cabbage in one dish. Thanks to cabbage, potatoes become more tender and satisfying. Bacon adds flavor to potatoes. The dish is very simple to prepare.
Recipe type:Second courses
White cabbage — 1 piece (500 grams)
Parsley — bunch
Spring onion — bunch
Milk — 250 ml
Potatoes — 1 kg
Bacon — several strips
Butter — 20 grams
Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken egg — depends on the number of servings
1. Wash the cabbage and finely chop it.
2. Wash the spring onions and finely chop them.
3. Wash the parsley and chop it coarsely.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Put it to cook in cold water on maximum heat. Cook until tender.
5. Fry the bacon. Cut half of the bacon into cubes.
6. Bring the milk to a boil over medium heat.
7. Add the onion to the milk and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from the stove to the side.
8. In a preheated frying pan, melt the butter. Add the cabbage. Add salt. Cover with a lid.
9. While the cabbage is cooking. Mash the boiled potatoes.
10. Add the milk, bacon pieces, and parsley to the potatoes and mix. Add salt to taste.
11. Add the cabbage to the potatoes. Mix well.
Serving: Place potatoes, strips of fried bacon and sunny-side up eggs on a plate.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!