Colcannon is a traditional Irish dish. The name “Colcannon” means “white cabbage”. A unique combination of potatoes and cabbage in one dish. Thanks to cabbage, potatoes become more tender and satisfying. Bacon adds flavor to potatoes. The dish is very simple to prepare.
1. Wash the cabbage and finely chop it.
2. Wash the spring onions and finely chop them.
3. Wash the parsley and chop it coarsely.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Put it to cook in cold water on maximum heat. Cook until tender.
5. Fry the bacon. Cut half of the bacon into cubes.
6. Bring the milk to a boil over medium heat.
7. Add the onion to the milk and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from the stove to the side.
8. In a preheated frying pan, melt the butter. Add the cabbage. Add salt. Cover with a lid.
9. While the cabbage is cooking. Mash the boiled potatoes.
10. Add the milk, bacon pieces, and parsley to the potatoes and mix. Add salt to taste.
11. Add the cabbage to the potatoes. Mix well.
Serving: Place potatoes, strips of fried bacon and sunny-side up eggs on a plate.