How to make New York Style Hot Dog?
New York Style Hot Dog is one of the varieties of snacks or street food of American cuisine. There are many types of hot dogs, New York Style is one of them. The composition is simple: bun, sausage, sauerkraut, onion in sauce and mustard. Sausages are usually boiled, and not grilled as in other variations of this dish. Onions are fried with the addition of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
Recipe type: Hot Dogs
Recipe type: American
Beef sausages — 4 pieces
Hot dog bun — 4 pieces
White onion — 1 medium onion (160 grams)
Worcestershire sauce — 2 teaspoons
Ketchup (tomato sauce) — 1 tablespoon
Water — 2 teaspoons
Sauerkraut — 40 grams
Mustard brown or yellow — 20 grams
1. Boil the sausages in boiling water.
2. Cut the buns into halves and brown on the grill or frying pan.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Peel the onion and cut it into petals.
5. Add the onion to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add water, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Mix it up.
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
8. Put a sausage in a bun, add onion in sauce on top, sauerkraut and pour mustard.
Serving: Serve hot dogs immediately without delay!