Moroccan Chicken is a unique taste dish from Morocco, North Africa. Moroccan cuisine combines the traditions of Europe and Arab countries. Since the country is Arab, chicken or lamb is consumed as food. Food is often prepared with the addition of aromatic spices, fruits and lemon juice, which gives the dishes a kind of sourness and refreshing notes in hot weather.
Eggplant — 1 piece
Tomatoes — 3 pieces
Chicken drumstick — 3 pieces
Chicken thigh — 3 pieces
Garlic — 6 pieces
Lemon — 1 ½ pieces
White onion — 2 pieces
Salt — 1 ½ teaspoons
Ground turmeric — 1 teaspoon
Ground pepper — 1 teaspoon
Ground paprika — 1 teaspoon
Ground ginger — 1 teaspoon
Ground coriander — 1 teaspoon
Ground cumin — 1 teaspoon
Olive oil for frying
Almonds — a handful
Water — 250 ml
1. Wash the eggplant and tomatoes and cut them into cubes of 1.2 inches or 3 cm.
2. Fill the eggplant with cold water and leave it until cooking begins. So we will get rid of the bitterness.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemons.
4. Peel garlic, onion and finely chop it.
5. Finely chop the almonds with a knife or in a blender.
6. Mix salt, turmeric, pepper, paprika, ginger, coriander, cumin.
7. Remove the eggplant from the water and blot it with a paper towel.
8. Put the eggplant pieces in a baking tray.Pour plenty of olive oil.Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at a temperature of 482 °F (250 °C).
9. While the eggplant is cooking, heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
10. Fry the onion and garlic for 8 minutes.
11. Add a mixture of spices, tomatoes, water and lemon juice. Mix it up.
12. Add chicken drumsticks and thighs.
13. Reduce the heat by half. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
14. Add eggplant slices.
15. Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serving: Serve the dish with mustard