Corn Soup recipe
Cold Corn Soup is a great soup option in hot weather. The soup is served cold! If it has been snowing outside your window for a long time, then you can serve the soup warm. Sweet cream soup made of corn, leeks, butter will not leave you indifferent. This soup, like French Vichyssoise, is obtained by straining the total mass of the soup, crushed with a blender, on a fine sieve. The texture of the soup is almost creamy. The taste is creamy and delicate with a sweet taste.
Recipe type: Soups
Recipe type: American
Corn — 8 cobs
Water — 2 liters
White onion — 1 onion
Celery — 1 stalk
Leeks — ½ pieces
Cream 20% — 200 ml
Bay leaf — 1 piece
Coriander seeds — 1 teaspoon
Dried thyme — 1 teaspoon (or 2 sprigs of fresh)
Black pepper — 1 teaspoon
Butter — 100 grams
Garlic — 2 cloves
Salt to taste
1. Separate the grains from the corn cobs.
2. Cut each corn cob into 2 parts.
3. Corn broth: put the corn cobs in a large saucepan and pour them with two liters of water. At maximum heat, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. As soon as the broth is ready, then pull out the cobs and strain through a fine sieve.
4. Chop the onion, celery and leek finely.
5. Put the bay leaf, coriander seeds, thyme and black pepper in the cheesecloth. Tie it so that it would turn out to be a bag.
6. In a large saucepan, melt 100 grams of butter over medium heat.
7. Add onion, garlic, leek, celery. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add corn kernels to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add the broth and a bag of spices to the pan. Cook for 20 minutes.
10. Add the cream to the pan. Mix it up. Cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Remove the bag of spices.
12. Grind the soup until smooth with a blender.
13. Strain the resulting mass through a fine sieve using a silicone spatula. The remains of corn grains can be thrown away.
14. Add salt to taste.
15. Cool the soup and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Serving: Serve cold. You can leave a few grains of corn during preparation and fry them lightly and add them to the soup.