Curry Roux is one of the main sauces of Japanese cuisine. This seasoning is prepared at home quickly and easily. You can add it to soups and broths. Cook Curry Udon and other dishes. This seasoning is a staple for the nutrition of most Japanese families. For the first time in Japan began to produce in 1956. Curry Roux can be bought in any Japanese store in packages. Shelf life in the freezer is 3 months.
Unsalted butter — 100 grams
Flour — 100 grams
Curry powder — 25 grams
Cayenne pepper — 2 grams
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Add the sifted flour. Mix it up.
3. Cook the mixture for 20-25 minutes on low heat. Stir regularly with a whisk. Make sure that it doesn’t burn. The color should turn brown-golden.
4. Add curry powder and cayenne pepper. Mix it up.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat to form a mold.