French Salad Nicoise Recipe
Nicoise salad is a French salad with tuna, string beans, boiled potatoes, eggs and a marinade of onions and herbs. The perfect dish for a summer dinner with dry white wine.
Nicoise is similar to an American Cobb Salad, but with tuna, beans and potatoes.
We took canned tuna for the salad, but you can take fresh and cook it on the grill.
All ingredients are cut into the same size. The salad is mixed right before serving.
Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cook4yourself.android
iOS app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook4yourself/id1561606000
Support Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself
Recipe type: Salads
Recipe type: French
White onion or shallot — 1 onion
Chicken egg — 2 pieces
Red wine vinegar — 3 tablespoons
Olive oil — 6 tablespoons
Basil — 2 tablespoons
Thyme — ½ tablespoon
Oregano — 2 teaspoons
Salt — ½ teaspoon
Ground black pepper — ½ teaspoon
Dijon mustard — 1 teaspoon
Grain mustard — 1 teaspoon
Red onion — 1 onion
Canned tuna — 120 grams
Potatoes – 250 grams
Tomatoes without a core — 2 pieces
String beans — 150 grams
Pitted Kalamata olives — 100 grams
Lettuce leaves — 150 grams
Capers — 1 tablespoon
1. Chop shallots or white onion finely.
2. Boil chicken eggs for 8-10 minutes. Peel and cut into quarters.
3. Dressing: mix finely chopped onion, wine vinegar, olive oil, finely chopped basil, thyme, oregano, salt and ground black pepper, grain mustard and Dijon in a jar. Close the jar with a lid and shake well so that all the ingredients are mixed.
4. Cut the red onion into thin rings and marinate in a small amount of dressing.
5. Peel the potatoes and boil until tender (from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potato tubers). Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes measuring 1 inch (2.5 cm).
6. Marinate potato cubes in the dressing (about 1-2 tablespoons)
7. Boil string beans in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
8. Cut tomatoes into cubes the size of potatoes.
9. Assemble the salad: put lettuce leaves on a large plate (pre-rinse them with water and dry), put tuna in the middle, put tomato cubes, pickled red onion, string beans, olives, potatoes, eggs, capers on the sides. Carefully put a few spoonfuls of marinade out of the jar.
Serving: Mix all ingredients before serving.
Enjoy your meal!
[…] Nicoise Salad […]