Japanese Soy Sauce Chicken Wings Recipe
Tebasaki Chicken Wings is a traditional Japanese dish. It is customary to eat chicken with cold beer and favorite sauces.
How to cook this dish?
Chicken wings are cooked in a broth of Dashi broth, mirin, soy sauce. The sauce turns out to be thick and gives a rich taste to chicken wings. The wings become slightly elastic and incredibly tasty. It is simply impossible to stop until you eat everything!
Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cook4yourself.android
iOS app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook4yourself/id1561606000
Support Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself
Recipe type: Chicken
Recipe type: Japanese
Chicken wings — 1 kg
Water — 400 ml
Ginger — 50 grams
Dashi (granules) — 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce — 100 ml
Mirin — 100 ml
Sugar — 2 tablespoons
Rice vinegar — ½ tablespoon
1. Cut the wings into separate parts in the places of cartilage.
2. Pour boiling water over the wings for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse the wings thoroughly in cold water.
4. In a large saucepan, boil 400 ml of water.
5. Grate ginger on a fine grater.
6. Add half of the ginger to boiling water.
7. Add Dashi to boiling water.
8. Put the pieces of wings in a saucepan. First the big pieces, then the small ones.
9. Add sugar, mirin, soy sauce.
10. Cover the chicken with a sheet of food foil so that it touches the wings. Cook for 15 minutes.
11. Add rice vinegar and the juice of the remaining grated ginger. Cook for another 15-20 minutes without foil until the broth becomes thick as caramel.
Serving: Serve the dish hot sprinkled with white and black sesame seeds and finely chopped herbs.