Chicken Parmigana is a classic dish of Italian cuisine. Juicy chicken in crispy breading is cooked in tomato sauce under a cheese crust. The perfect dish for a light dinner. The peculiarity of making a crispy crust is that we mix breadcrumbs with hard Parmesan cheese. The color and texture after such roasting are great. We’ve already cooked this and it’s Chicken Milanese! In fact, we complement Chicken Milanese with tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese.
White onion — 160 grams
Garlic — 3 cloves
Sliced tomatoes — 700 grams
Olive oil — 1 tablespoon
Butter — 30 grams
Salt to taste
Sugar — 1 tablespoon
Parmesan cheese — 150 grams
Mozzarella cheese — 180 grams
Flour — 100 grams
Chicken egg — 3 pieces
Panko breadcrumbs — 100 grams
Chicken breast fillet — 680 grams
1. Peel the onion and garlic and finely chop.
2. Cut the butter into small cubes measuring 1 inch (3 cm).
3. Grate Parmesan cheese on a fine grater into a separate deep cup.
4. Add Planko breadcrumbs to grated Parmesan cheese. Mix it up.
5. Break 3 chicken eggs into a separate deep bowl. Mix the eggs with a whisk until smooth.
6. In a separate bowl, sift the flour.
7. Cut chicken breast fillet lengthwise into 2 parts. We press the breast with our left hand, and with a knife we make a horizontal incision. We got 4 parts.
8. Sauce: in a deep saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
9. Add the onion to the saucepan and fry for 3 minutes.
10. Add garlic and chopped tomatoes, salt and sugar to the saucepan. Let the sauce boil and cook for 30 minutes.
11. Add butter to the sauce. Mix it up.
12. Beat the sauce with a blender until smooth. The sauce is ready.
13. Roll the chicken pieces first in flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the cheese mixture.
14. Heat the frying oil in a frying pan on maximum heat.
15. Fry the chicken in a frying pan until golden brown. It is important to keep an eye on the chicken, otherwise it will burn quickly.
16. Pour a little tomato sauce on the bottom of a deep baking tray, which would completely cover the bottom.
17. Place the fried chicken pieces tightly together.
18. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the chicken.
18. Put thinly sliced slices of Mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Completely cover the entire surface.
19. Put in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese turns golden at 390 °F (200 °C).
Serving: Serve the dish hot!