Mimosa Salad is a traditional multi-layered Russian salad. This is an easy-to-prepare salad since 1970 in the USSR. It is called a “Mimosa” because of the similarity in color with mimosa flowers. Traditionally, canned fish such as pink salmon, saury, sardine are used. Salad is usually made for the holidays. Each Russian hostess changes the arrangement of the salad layers at her discretion and adds different ingredients.
Carrots — 230 grams
Chicken egg — 4 pieces
Cheese — 310 grams
Canned pink salmon — 165 grams
White or yellow onion — 100 grams
Mayonnaise — 50 grams
1. Cook the eggs for 7-8 minutes.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion. You can pour boiling water for 2-3 minutes or rinse in cold water.
3. Crush the canned pink salmon with a fork to the fibers.
4. Cook the carrots until tender. Peel.
5. Grate carrots and cheese (separately) on a fine grater in different containers.
6. Grate the egg separately on a fine grater.
7. Assembling the salad: lay out layers of fish, onion, mayonnaise in a thin layer, egg white and yolk, mayonnaise in a thin layer, carrots, mayonnaise in a thin layer, cheese.
Serving: Serve the salad sprinkled with slices of spring onion on top.
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!