How to make Homemade Flatbread?
Homemade Flatbread is a recipe for Greek cuisine. We make homemade tortillas for various Greek dishes. This simple tortilla recipe can be useful to anyone who loves baking.
Where to apply this bread:
– Pig Sovlaki
Recipe type: Baking
Recipe type: Mediterranean
Water — 360 ml
Sugar — 2 tablespoons
Dry yeast — 7 grams
Flour — 560 grams
Salt — 2 teaspoons
Olive oil — 2 tablespoons
1. In warm water, grind one tablespoon of sugar and yeast. Stir with a whisk. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
2. Mix the sifted flour, salt and one tablespoon sugar.
3. Add olive oil to the flour.
4. Gradually mix the liquid with yeast into the flour.
5. Knead the dough with your hands for 8 minutes. Roll it into a ball.
6. Grease the walls and bottom of a deep pan with oil and put the dough on the bottom. Cover with a kitchen towel and put away in a warm place. You can put it in the preheated oven to the minimum temperature. Leave the dough for 2 hours.
7. Divide the dough into 12 parts.
8. Roll out each part with a rolling pin. Get a circle 0.1 inches (0.3 cm) thick.
9. Heat the frying pan over medium-low heat.
10. Bake each tortilla for about 2 minutes on each side.
Serving: Serve the tortillas warm on the table.