How to make Marinara Sauce?
Marinara Sauce is a classic Italian sauce. Simple and delicious Italian sauce is suitable for pasta and gnocchi. The sauce consists mainly of ripe fragrant tomatoes, onions, garlic and oregano. We used dried oregano, if there is fresh, then even better! It’s easy a sauce: cut the onion in half, chop garlic with a knife, add oregano and olive oil. Simmer the sauce for about one hour over low heat. Shelf life in the refrigerator is 4 days. Add to your favorite pasta or potato gnocchi.
Recipe type: Sauces
Recipe type: Italian
White or yellow onion — 1 medium onion
Garlic — 4 cloves
Tomatoes — 500 grams
Dried oregano — 1 tablespoon
Cayenne pepper (flakes or ground) — ¼ teaspoon
Olive oil — 2 tablespoons
Salt — to taste
1. Peel the onion and cut it in half.
2. Flatten three cloves of garlic with a knife.
3. In tomatoes, remove the base from the branch and cut into 4 parts.
4. Put tomatoes in a saucepan or a large pan, add onion, garlic and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Set the medium fire.
6. Bring the contents of the pan to a boil.
7. Add oregano and cayenne pepper for piquancy.
8. Turn down the heat to a minimum and cook for about 40 minutes. Stir the sauce occasionally.
9. Remove the onion and garlic from the sauce.
10. Crush the tomatoes with a wooden spatula.
11. Crush one clove of garlic with a fork and add to the sauce.
12. Add salt to the sauce to taste.
13. Cook for another 10-12 minutes.
14. Whisk the sauce with a blender to the desired consistency.
Serving: Add sauce to your favorite dish of Italian cuisine.
[…] The recipe for cooking is simple. This dish is usually boiled in water and grated cheese, basil or marinara sauce is added to it. To shape it, you can buy a special board with grooves or use a regular […]