Midnight anchovy pasta with olive, celery, squid, garlic is an Italian-style pasta. We experimented in the kitchen today and decided that the combination of anchovies, squid and olives is perfect for pasta. It turned out something that tastes like Mediterranean cuisine! And yet! Anchovies, olives from two countries — Italy and Greece – are already the basis of Mediterranean cuisine. The pasta was savory and tasted unique. For those who love the flavors of Italy and Greece, this pasta will be a favorite on your table!
Squid — 120 grams
Anchovies — 5 carcasses
Anchovy oil — 10 ml
Mix of Italian and Greek olives-a handful (30 grams)
Olive oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic — 1 clove
Celery — 1 pod
Pasta (penne rigate) — 220 grams
Dry white wine — 50 ml
Oyster sauce — 2 teaspoons
Parmesan cheese — 20 grams
Dried Chilli pepper — 1 pod
1. Peel the garlic and cut it finely.
2. Cut the olives into medium-sized pieces.
3. Cut the anchovy carcasses into 3-4 pieces.
4. Cut the squid into pieces of 2 cm wide and 4-5 cm long. Or you can use squares – as you prefer.
5. Cut the celery into small pieces.
6. Cook the pasta according to the recommendations on the package. We cooked the penne rigate for about 11 minutes until al dente.
7. After cooking, add a little olive oil to the pasta, so that the pasta does not stick together.
8. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a hot frying pan.
9. Reduce the heat by half. Add chopped dried chilli pepper. If you have fresh, then add it too, instead of dried! The effect is one – olive should become a little burning in the taste!
10. Remove the chilli pepper from the oil after 3-5 minutes! Otherwise, it starts to burn and give a burnt taste to our oil!
11. Add the celery to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
12. Add the chopped garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
13. Add the squid.
14. Add dry wine. Cook for 1 minute.
15. Add 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce. Mix it up.
16. Add pepper.
17. Add 1 more teaspoon of oyster sauce
18. Heat to the maximum and cook for 3 minutes.
19. Add the anchovies and olives. Cook for 5 minutes.
Serving: Place the pasta on a plate. Top with the squid and the rest of the pieces from our pan. Garnish with grated Parmesan!