Georgian Chicken Satsivi Recipe
Chicken Satsivi is the national dish of Georgia ( not to be confused with the state of Georgia in the USA). This is a wonderful country with ancient traditions, aromatic wines, majestic mountains and colorful delicious food. Chicken Satsivi is a festive dish and it is prepared in every family. Satsivi is a sauce made from walnuts, thick with a rich unique taste.
Recipe type: Chicken
Recipe type: Georgian
Chicken fillet — 1.5 kg
Walnuts — 250 grams
Onion — 2 pieces
White wine vinegar — 2 tablespoons
Butter — 1 tablespoon
Pepper and salt to taste
Saffron — 3 grams
Garlic — 2 cloves
Hops-suneli — 1 teaspoon
Coriander — to taste
1. Wash the chicken. In a deep saucepan, put the chicken and fill it with water, so that the chicken is completely in the water. Cook for 1 hour over medium heat. Remove the foam from the chicken.
2. Peel the onion. Cut into small cubes.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion over medium heat.
4. Walnuts are cleaned from the hard shell and partitions. Grind in a blender to a paste.
5. Add the walnut paste to the pan with the onion. Add salt, pepper to taste, saffron, hops-suneli.
6. Add the chicken broth to the pan with the pasta. And bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
7. Cool the boiled chicken. Tear it into pieces with your hands. Transfer to the frying pan with the sauce.
8. Add chopped garlic, wine vinegar.
Serving: Serve the dish warm and garnish with coriander leaves.