How to cook Filipino Chicken Adobo?
Filipino Chicken Adobo is the national dish of the Philippines. This is a great dish made from simple ingredients that are in every home. The chicken will be juicy, glazed and with a spicy pepper taste, and almost not at all spicy. For this recipe, we use fillets of chicken thighs, and only them. The thighs will turn out juicier than the breast or other part of the chicken.
Recipe type: Chicken
Recipe type: Filipino
Garlic — 6 cloves
Chicken thigh (without bones and skin) — 700 grams
Bay leaf — 4 pieces
Soy sauce — 80 ml
Grape white vinegar 6% — 75 ml
White onion — 1 medium onion
Water — 370 ml
Black pepper peas — 1 tablespoon
Sugar — 2 tablespoons
1. Peel garlic and onion and finely chop.
2. Place chicken thigh fillets, bay leaves, half garlic, soy sauce, white grape vinegar in a deep bowl. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
4. Fry the marinated chicken for 7-10 minutes. Do not throw away the marinade.
5. Put the chicken in a separate cup.
6. Add the remaining garlic and onion to the skorordu. Mix thoroughly. Fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add the remains of the marinade, water, black pepper grains, sugar to the pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to medium.
9. Return the chicken back to the pan. Add the juice from the chicken to the pan too.
10. Cook for 30 minutes. Stir regularly and make sure that the chicken does not burn.
Serving: Serve the dish hot with your favorite side dish (rice, couscous and others). Garnish with almonds and cashews on top.